Lights, Camera ACTION!
One of my all time favourite hobbies...making movies. Usually I create them for YouTube or just for friends and family to watch of trips I've been on. You can edit all of your footage together, cut down the bits that you don't want and then add effects and titles. It makes it more meaningful to you and doesn't take up as much space on your computer.
Over the years I have also created movie clips for school and university assessments. I find they are really effective in oral presentations especially. I used to create my movies on MovieMaker which is a simple and free editing program that comes on any normal pc these days. However, I have upgraded to an editing program called CyberLink PowerDirector. It costs around $50 but once you pay you have it forever... (and so do all your family and friends). It has a lot more features and attributes than MovieMaker. However, if you just need to make an occasional basic clip from a holiday then I would say MovieMaker would suit you.
Teachers can benefit from any kind of movie making program. They could use it to display pictures or video from a class excursion/ camp and add music to give it more effect. They could get students to create their own movies… perhaps for a Claymation, ad, play, investigation etc. It would be also effective to use if students are doing a presentation of some sort – it is a good learning experience for students to watch themselves back on film to get a good idea of how they could improve their presentation skills. Many teachers also create mini movies at the end of the year to give every student in their class. It gives the students something to look back and remember all the great times they had in that class.
Nathan-Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment