After looking around at a few different blog spots I have noticed that everyone has their own unique style and way of doing things. Some people like big and colourful, others like simple and stylish. I guess that is what makes this world so interesting. Everyone is different. Imagine a world where everyone acted the same, thought the same and followed the same things. For one... we would probably not have the advanced technology like we do... see we need those entrepreneurs and geniuses. We need inventors and creators. We need people to think differently and stand out against others. I believe that encouraging young people to be different and not follow the crowd will result in a rising generation of innovators, adventurers and Einsteins. We need to make sure not one child in a classroom is afraid of being themselves. They need to embrace thinking differently and being unique.
So if I am going to stand up and shout to be different then I guess I have to show I am doing the same thing. I recently visited the Memletics website and took the learning style test. After seeing my results as well as a few others I have already noticed I am different to others......

As you can see I am quite indeed a social learner. I understand things better when I commuinicate and collaborate with people around me. It is good to see that I have a well rounded learning style... but then I need to remember that I'm not the modern Einstein. I'm not the Leonardo Davinchi.. I'm not even the William Shakespeare. I am Nathan Searle
This is my learning style. This is my style. I think discovering your style is important to understand how unique you are and to embrace it. I would definately encourage all students to complete this test so that they can understand their unique style and start to use it... not go against it.
Nathan-Out.
Hi Nathan, I plan on using this test with my students so that they can have a visual representation of how they learn best. I the teacher would also keep a copy (anonomously)so that I can see what type of learners I have in the classroom. That way I can get a better understanding of which teaching approach I should use more or less frequently.
ReplyDeleteCheers Sarah